About The Program
AAP Graduate Mentoring and Research Programs Office offers a FREE Summer Graduate Preparation Course to AAP students and alumni who are interested in applying to graduate/professional school. The purpose of the course is to prepare students for the graduate school search and application processes. The course is offered once a week for 6 weeks during both Summer Sessions A and C. The course is not for units. Students who participate in the course are offered weekly workshops and information on:
- Selecting a Graduate Program
- Preparing a Statement of Purpose and CV
- Asking for Letters of Recommendation
- Preparing for Admissions Exams
- Networking with Faculty and Programs
- Understanding the Graduate School Experience
In order to be eligible for the 2021 Graduate School Preparation Course you must:
- Be a current AAP student or AAP alumnus.
- Have an interest in pursuing graduate or professional school.
- Attend all 6 sessions either during Summer Session A or Summer Session C.
- Complete all course readings, assignments, and activities.
- Actively engage in the course and collaborate with other students.
The course will meet for two hours weekly for six weeks during both UCLA Summer Session A and Summer Session C.
Session A will take place from June 21st – July 30th on Wednesdays from 1PM – 3PM.
Session C will take place from August 2nd – September 10th on Wednesdays from 1PM – 3PM.
Please note: You do not have to be enrolled in Summer Sessions in order to participate in the Grad Prep Course.
Space in the course is limited so we encourage you to provide thoughtful and honest answers to all components of the application.
The Summer Grad Prep Application is now live and accepting applications until May 19th at 11:59PM (APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED).
For more information please make an appointment to meet with one of our graduate mentors by using the Graduate Mentoring Appointment Request Form or view the video embedded above.