AAP Graduate Mentoring and Research Programs Office offers a FREE Summer Graduate Preparation Course to AAP students and alumni who are interested in applying to graduate/professional school. The purpose of the course is to prepare students for the graduate school search and application processes. The course is offered once a week for 6 weeks during both Summer Sessions A and C. The course is not for units. Students who participate in the course are offered weekly workshops and information on:
- Selecting a Graduate Program
- Preparing a Statement of Purpose and CV
- Asking for Letters of Recommendation
- Preparing for Admissions Exams
- Networking with Faculty and Programs
- Understanding the Graduate School Experience
In order to be eligible for the 2019 Graduate School Preparation Course you must:
- Be a current AAP student or AAP alumnus.
- Have a definite interest in pursuing graduate or professional school.
- Attend all 6 sessions either during Summer Session A or Summer Session C.
- Complete all course readings, assignments, and activities.
- Actively engage in the course and collaborate with other students.
Please note: You do not have to be enrolled in Summer Sessions in order to participate in the Grad Prep Course.
Space in the course is limited so we encourage you to provide thoughtful and honest answers to all components of the application.
If you missed our informational zoom meeting, please click here.
Application available now! – Application
Application due: May 8th at 11am.
For more information please make an appointment to meet with one of our graduate mentors by clicking here (you must be logged into your g.ucla.edu email prior to clicking the link).